Ibanez SR Bass Workshop SRFF800 Multi Scale Electric Bass Black Staine
- Multi scale
- Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/EQ bypass switch & Mid frequency switch
- Mono-rail V bridge
- 5pc Jatoba/Bubinga neck
- Bartolini® BH2 pickups
To the newcomer, the multi-scale concept may appear a bit unusual, but the biggest surprise may be how comfortable players become within a minute or two of playing the instrument. The different fret-to-bridge distances enhance tonality, creating a better sounding bass. Previously, these instruments were only available from boutique bass builders, but now Ibanez is proud to introduce the SRFF800: multi-scale bass at an affordable price.
The goal of the multi-scale system is to give the better tension of each string. The tension helps to create a more “alive”, open tone. On the SRFF800, the scale length is 33.5” on the G-string side, expanding to 34.5 at the E-string. Although the multi-scale neck can appear intimidating and unnatural, nothing could be further from the truth. When looking down at the neck from the players perspective, the exagerated fret layout seems to almost disappear and actually feels quite normal. The slant of the multi-scales ergonomically coordinate with the way a players hand angles as it moves up and down the neck, facilitating quick, comfortable playing action.
The SRFF800 is a quality instrument designed for the experienced, seasoned musician. Its Ash body is attached to a 5pc Jatoba/Bubinga SRFF4 neck with a Rosewood fretboard, Medium frets and custom fanned inlays. The Mono-Rail V Bridge is the perfect match for a fan-fret instrument, allowing for independent positioning of each strings “mini-bridge” section to providing excellent intonation and superior string vibration transference. Electronics include Bartolini® BH2-4 pickups, for a full range warm punchy tone, and a 3-band EQ w/ Bypass switch and Mid-Frequency switch for complete sonic control.
- SRFF4 Multi Scale 5pc Jatoba/Bubinga neck
- Ash body
- Rosewood fretboard
- 24 Medium frets
- Mono-rail V bridge (19mm string spacing)
- Bartolini® BH2 neck pickup (Passive)
- Bartolini® BH2 bridge pickup (Passive)
- Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot) & Mid frequency switch
- factory tuning 1G, 2D, 3A, 4E
- string gauge .045/.065/.080/.100
- Cosmo black hardware
- Scale : 876mm/34.5" - 851mm/33.5"
- a : Width 38mm at NUT
- b : Width 62mm at 24F
- c : Thickness 19.5mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 23mm at 12F
- Radius : 305mmR
|Country of Manufacture||Indonesia|